My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Friday, September 29, 2006

A new beginning

This is what happens when I spend too many Friday nights alone. I begin to believe the world is missing out on my wisdom and great wit. I feel compelled to write to the global community at large.

So...

Are you listening?

I'm alone, unless you count the two dogs and four cats that are sharing my space. I can see them all from here, so I know that I'm loved. It's not that I'm lonely, even. I just spent a busy day at my office, saving the world from being homeless. I'm a conveyancing secretary. It's a noble calling. It's my job to see that you are in your new home on time (or out of your soon-to-be-old home on time). I share that office with many people with whom I enjoy conversing about clothing purchases, family woes and achievements, weekend plans. After work, I went out for dinner with my daughter -- the usual Friday night fare; a chipotle chicken salad and a couple of drinks (scotch for me, beer for her). Then we stopped by my youngest daughter's home, visited with her, my granddaughter and soon-to-be son-in-law. Then I talked to my husband, who works out-of-town, when I got home.

So, clearly I am not lonely. And I'm not bitter about being alone. On the contrary, I love being by myself. I'm amazing company. I love watching TV with me; I always have funny comments about the actors or the script. I even laugh out loud at the funny things I don't need to say out loud. And tonight I have Bailey's in my coffee.

It's a beautiful life. And I'm a lucky, lucky woman to be living it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home