My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I love a sunny Sunday in Autumn!

We live on a street lined with 40-year-old elm trees, two of which reside in our front yard. This morning when we looked outside we saw the most amazing sight. The leaves were floating through the air by the hundreds (thousands!) and covering the ground with colour. It is so beautiful. It looks like God sprinkled a blanket of yellow and orange rose petals all down our street. When Chaeli was over we sat by the window for a while and watched the leaf show. Every once in a while a stronger breeze would blow and a couple hundred leaves would fall and she would gasp and point at the leaves. Ah, fall. It truly is the nicest season of the year.

Brent and I golfed for the last time this year at a course by the river valley. The weather was perfect and the scenery was breathtaking with the red, orange, green, purple and yellow trees and the softly flowing river. I can't believe it's almost winter again. This summer was the best we've had in ages, but I'm still not ready for snow. I guess I'm never ready for snow.

Which brings me to my bitch of the week. Why, when there is so much good in the world, do some people have to complain about absolutely everything? I cannot tolerate drama-queens who want everyone to feel sorry for them because their lives aren't always laid out perfectly for them. There is always, always someone who has it worse than you, squirrel, so suck it up and stop whining. Argh. There is nothing -- nothing -- I detest more than poor-me whining. This has been a public service announcement. Keep it in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home