My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Won't that be fun

Riiiight. Tomorrow I get my boobie squished to check out a lump that we discovered a couple of weeks ago. I'm not worried about the lump -- I've had these before and I just seem to be a lumpy person. I'm just a bit less than excited about the procedure. My husband (Mr. X) said I should slam my boob in the piano lid just to warm me up. Or the fridge door. Or I could lay on the floor of the garage and he could drive over my boob a couple of times. I'll be happy when it's over. The last time I had it done my breast tissue was too dense to see anything so I had to have an ultrasound. I can only hope that they'll say the same thing tomorrow, but I doubt it. I'm sure it will squish quite nicely now. Damn.

I've decided to take the whole day off from work tomorrow to spend some time with Mr. X. I think he has jobs for me. Perhaps we'll do brunch somewhere while he delivers my duties for the day. I'm scared of that, too. He's a slave-driver. But he is cute, so it's all good.

...random editing....
Last spring I when was at ... (such a person who shall not be named) ... she announced that she discovered a book that she wants all of her children to read. Have I heard about the DaVinci Code? Yes, I said, actually I read it. "You read the book, DaVinci Code?!" she shrieked in horror. I asked her, "So, you're asking me to read a book debunking a book I've never read? Why would I not just read the book and make up my own mind?" Not the right answer. At all.
Apparently my faith should be eternally shaken and clearly my mind hopelessly corrupted by having had the audacity to have actually read it. I must just learn to listen to the church leaders and let them tell me what is right and what is wrong. For the love of God, don't think for yourself. Heavens.

So that's what I'll be dealing with next weekend while everyone else is out having fun.

And to further add insult to my agony, one of my friends is having a barn dance at her farm this weekend. Beotch. Go ahead, have fun. It's okay. I'll be fine. Just fine. Just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home