My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Two things you need to know

1. Justin Nozuka: Canadian boy, writes the most incredible stuff and sings it as though he's lived through all of the hurt and joy you could know in about 100 years. He's like, all of 19. Have a listen on youtube or just google him (or click on the title of this blog entry for a sample video!) then run out and buy his CD Holly. You'll love every single song, if you have any musical sense at all.

2. Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice tea. May I recommend ordering it with one cream, one sugar. It's ridiculously delicious -- like pumpkin pie and whipped cream in a warm, toasty cup! Thanks, Mitchie!

It's Thanksgiving Sunday today and I've been hanging out by myself most of the day, with the exception of a short shopping trip with Nyckee (yeay, Nyckee!). If you can call hanging with Puddy, Charlotte, Gibby (Mitchie's dog), Smokey, Cadillac, Orangey, and Andre the Dragon, being alone. Yeah, no. Probably not.

I did manage to rake up 9, count 'em 9, large bags of leaves and it doesn't look like I've raked at all yet, and I vacuumed my car after the dogs ran through puddles of mud when we were out this morning and tracked it all over my car seats.

It's been a decent day. It's gorgeous outside and Nyk and I are going to go for a walk later, which sounds like tonnes o' fun. We always have fun on our walks, and I'll really miss them when it gets too cold. Wah. I hate winter already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I heart Justin's song "Mr. Therapy Man". Good stuff. HIs twin is also a singer, but more of a hiphop guy - J's cooler, IMO.

And thanks for the heads up on the tea - will give it a try!

5:22 AM  
Blogger ruthieB said...

Ooh, I love Mr Therapy Man, too. I had Supposed to Grow Old stuck in my head the night I wrote this. The words are just genius -- how can someone so young know so much about life? Amazing.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home