My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stop buying houses, people!

Argh. Life as a conveyancer is ridiculous at this time of year. My desk is overflowing with real estate transactions and I got nine -- woohoo, nine -- new ones this afternoon. My helper just began her 6-week holiday today and I honestly do not know how I am supposed to do this. Gah. I will, though. I always do.

Tonight Mr X went to his sister's Grade 12 grad and I, obviously, couldn't go along. He was pissed at me this morning when I went to work because he thinks I should have just said I'm taking a few days off. It upset me because I'm on the cusp of in/sanity as it is and the last thing I need is my beloved not being supportive. I went to the office on the verge of tears (this is NOT me. At. All. Not a crier.) after Mr X gave me grief and I wanted to put a fist through my computer screen when I tried to log on and it kept freezing up (not necessarily my fist; that would hurt). Then my boss and a coworker came to offer brilliant suggestions which pissed me off enough that I almost cried again. Then I got nine -- yes, nine -- new files. Excellent. Ah, how I wish sometimes that I didn't quit smoking.

I texted Mr X to apologize after we pissed each other off again at lunchtime (he was home today because he and his brother were heading out to the Grad in the afternoon) because even though I felt he may have wronged me, the truth was probably quite the opposite, knowing my state of mind today. He graciously declined the apology because he said I did nothing wrong. He's so sweet.

However, I think my July 1 deals are almost in the bag. I'll be working all long weekend again (worked all of them last summer, too) so I can hopefully get some banks reported to before they start giving me shit. This is not the job for one mere mortal. Good thing I'm SuperConveyancer or we'd be in trouble.

Next weekend is my family reunion. The one Mr X is missing because he has to work.
hah. I am so looking forward to seeing my sisters, having a couple of drinkies and not being at work. I always feel like odd man out with most of my family, but my sisters are cool and I'm excited to hang out with them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home