My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When the dog bites, when the bee stings...

These are a few of my least favorite things:

-Heavy socks with dress pumps. Don't do that.
-Black nylons/pantyhose. Is there ever a right time for black nylons? Hint 'o black, nightshade, even sheer black, do it up. But not black black. Especially not with non-black shoes. Don't do that, either.
- I dislike that 6 jujubes have 100 calories. No fat, granted, but why 100 calories? I can easily eat 30 jujubes at one time. I don't even want to do the math on that one. Something yummy needs to be guilt-free. It should be jujubes. Who can I write about this?
- Drivers who don't stop for pedestrians. It's -30, -72 with the wind chill. You are in a car; she is standing on the corner (outside, notice) waiting to cross. I am waiting, stopped on the road, in my car for her to cross, as is one other driver opposite me. Why do all the other approaching vehicles not see what we are anticipating by our waiting? Just stop already and let the poor woman cross. If you can't see pedestrians waiting at corners, don't drive. You're pissing me off.


But on a good note, I have Prada shoes on the way. I ordered them from ebay last week. I'm so very excited. I had placed my MAXIMUM bid (too much) and lost by a mere $3. I was disappointed because they are so pretty, but a bit relieved because I have too many shoes and these are a bit unnecessary/extravagant. Imagine my surprise when I got an email a week later telling me the original high bidder was unable to pay because she is overseas and couldn't find a way to get money to the US. So they were mine if I wanted them. Yes, I wanted them. I can hardly wait. Lucky for me, Mr X had to buy a new coat for work that was about double what my shoes cost so the guilt was short-lived. They are a bargain in comparision. Hah. We do what we have to do to justify.
-

1 Comments:

Blogger Foxy Renard said...

I will be requiring pictures of the shoes immediately.

Also, I love your blog. You're so great, you remind me so much of my dad with your lovely attitude towards life and people. Aww.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home