My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm still alive!

Yikes, it's been ages since I wrote in here. I think I'm finally over the life-sucking illness that was dragging me down for the past couple of weeks. Tonight is the first time I've worked out in over 2 weeks, and it felt pretty good so I think I'm pretty much better. I haven't missed any work, but luckily for me it's been slow and I just putter away, attempting to look busy as I'm tucked away in my lovely office.

My mom has been calling, leaving messages like, "I'm wondering if something has happened to you or if you've gone away because I haven't talked to you for so long", but the truth is I just haven't had the energy to call her back. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just hear her and let her ramble on, but it's an hour of straining, straining, trying to hear what she's saying so I can make semi-intelligent sounds in response. I think she moves the phone away from her mouth because when I say I can't hear her it improves for a few minutes, then we're back to a whisper again. It's agonizing. I am such an evil daughter. meh.

We had surprise company this weekend; Mr X's sister and her husband. It was good to see them, but it felt like the weekend just zipped by without much being accomplished. We had Chaeli both days for awhile too, and that always keeps us from doing much of anything else. Oh well, long weekend coming up. Perhaps we can actually get something done on a long weekend.

Puddy's birthday is coming up on the 15th. Our old brown dog. Well, he's only 5 but he acts like he's 15. He limps and he has white hair on his chinny-chin-chin. Every year on Puddy's birthday we go through a drive-through and get him a Birthday Burger. No cheese. And I always tell the drive-through person that it's his birthday. They usually say, "Happy Birthday" but sometimes they appear unimpressed and don't say anything at all. Usually that's at Burger King. Go figure. This year Mr X will actually be able to come along. Charlotte doesn't get to come because if she eats in the car she hurls. That kind of ruins the party, for me anyway.

Mr X and I are watching Jon Stewart is burning down Anna Nicole Smith tonight. It's completely irreverent but very funny. It's called Death of a Person. It feels almost wrong laughing at someone's demise, but they are just too much. Oops? It's hard to know how to honour a life of phoneyness and opportunism, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home