My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Where have I been?

Wow, it's been ages since I've been on here. Blame it on Mr X. He's been home keeping me occupied.

How fun to see all the comments here! I really appreciate them. Yes, sistah, bring on Janna! (Janna's my very cool niece, by the way, who I, unfortunately, never get to see anymore.) This blog is very sparsely advertised because I want to feel comfortable to say whatever I want to say, but fun people are always welcome.

What have I been doing over the past couple of weeks.... well, I moved into my office at work. I absolutely love it. I have 2 computers (one with internet, one without because my boss is afraid everyone in the free world wishes for access to our top-secret information), a fake plant, a Christmas tree, and a wall of windows which I expect to enjoy even more in the summer. My new desk doesn't arrive for a couple of weeks, but it looks great in there anyway. It's so nice to be able to do my work in peace, without all the distractions of The Pit. People come in to visit me once in awhile, which I love, but usually I'm on my own.

Work has been ssssooooo stressful lately. I think 90% of my co-workers are peri-menopausal (men included) and the crankiness is really getting to me. We had our staff party on Friday night, just a dinner, and I knew from the first sip of scotch that the Time Had Arrived. Fortunately, the dinner was quick and by the time we headed out the door the 2 scotch straight up and the 1/2 bottle of nasty house wine hadn't quite found its way to my brain yet. We strolled across the street to a bar to meet Mitchie and her boyfriend (Mr X, our articling student from work and I) and the fun began. Partay! We danced, we laughed, we drank, we went to Bar No. 2, drank some more, and eventually found our way home without anyone getting hurt or too humiliated. It was perfect. I feel much better now. I dont' remember too much of what actually happened, but I do know I met Nyk's man's mother on the dancefloor. That was fun.

Mr X went all Clark Griswald on our house and we have possibly the most-decorated yard on the street. Or even in town. It looks tacky, overdone and just beautiful. He has one more shift before Christmas, then who knows what will happen with our lives. He's talking again of quitting his job so he can be home more. I'm scared because I'm a big fan of financial security, but we'll be okay, whatever happens. He always manages to bounce back. It really will be nice to have him home more, so we'll just make it work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home