My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Of tattoos and office furniture

These are my current obsessions.

Tattoos, humm. I've wanted one for quite awhile and now I think is the time. I've been working out consistently for a year and I like the way my body looks. I like my toned shoulders and I think a tat is just the decoration I need. But what to do? My passion (besides my family, whom I will not have tattooed on my shoulder) is the mighty Eskimos. I'm thinking of a flaming funky-looking football with the EE perhaps. I've done a drawing that might actually work. Really, only Mr X, my kids and I will see it, so it's no biggie. I think it's kind of my last tie to being an Albertan. I most likely will never move back to the Homeland, and I'm known around this Saskatch town as the chick with the EE licence plate, jacket, etc. It's hokey, but it just might work. We'll see.

Office furniture. I've been offered a nice corner office at work and was instructed yesterday to choose office furniture from a catalogue. It's weird for me, Ms. Cheapo, to choose something that someone else will pay for and own. I picked a cheapie but functional desk. I don't know if that's what they'll buy, as all the other office furniture is top-of-the-line, custom-designed stuff, but I didn't want to appear greedy. I guess I'll find out next week, as the bosses are off to the big city tomorrow to shop.

On a completely different note, tonight when I was shopping for dog food at Walmart, I ran into a couple of Mr. X's cousins. This is very odd, as they live hours from here. I was delighted to see them -- they're wonderful people, and I know them quite well -- but was horrified to learn the reason for their visit. Another of Mr. X's cousin's (only 28 years old) was killed in an accident and they're here for the funeral tomorrow. The funeral is actually in a town about an hour from here. I didn't really know the deceased cousin, but I do know his parents and sister. I called Mr. X at work (the first time I have ever called him there) to tell him. I offered to go to the funeral as representation from our part of the family, because I don't think his siblings will make it and Mr. X can't leave work on such short notice. I spent most of the evening with the cousins who are staying here, at their hotel, and told them I'd see them at the funeral tomorrow. I sure hope I can get away from work for the afternoon. Man, I cannot imagine the agony of losing a child. I just feel sick for that family. :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Lao Lao said...

Wow...so sorry about the loss. I can't imagine that either, and always thought that I would totally melt down if I ever lost a child. As you can imagine, my eldest has given me lots of opportunities to think about that...
That's funny that you're considering a tattoo...I have the urge to put one on my ankle, like intertwined feathers representing my kids and grandkids. I'm a wimp tho.
Thx for this blog...it's awesome!
Yr Sis

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home