My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Where there's a will, there's a car

So happy to report that Nyk got a new(ish) car today! She's been on the phone non-stop since the repair shop announced her piece of shit car would be $1,500 to fix, but to no avail. Finally, last night Mr X and I decided it would be for the best if I would co-sign for her to get a car loan. She worked out all the details and I went in with her to sign and now she's driving an almost-new car with a warranty and she and Chaeli-Bean are safe for the winter. I'm so relieved. So relieved. And it's red! I love red! I'm so proud of her.

As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, Mr X bought himself a much-coveted Ski-doo. It's a beaut -- even I'm looking forward to snow so we can take it for a spin. He'll use it at work a lot because a couple of the other guys have sleds too, so they can go out in the bush after work every day if they want. I'm verra happy for him. He deserves to have some fun once in awhile, too. And hey, what's another payment. Pshaw.

Mitchie's out carousing with the new flame again tonight. Mr X and I still haven't met him, but by all reports he sounds fun and a bit crazy. Just perfect. I hope it works out for them. Whatever that means. She's such an awesome young woman. I just want everything to be lovely for her.

Ah. Life is good. God is in His heaven and all is right with the world. And everyone in my little family is happy for another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Teacher said...

Wow! It's so nice to read your blog! It's so positive and not all the usual griping you see so often in this type of forum.

You do have an amazing outlook on life. Thanks for sharing!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home