My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mr X in charge

I had yesterday off (a holiday day; I still have more than 2 weeks to use up this year) so we could do some work around the house. I wish we'd taken a "before" picture of our basement bedroom so it could be compared to the current state. It was pink. Pepto pink. With a deeper pink for the trim. Nyk painted it a few years ago in a drugged state, I'm sure. It was pukingly hideous. Even the door, the door handle and the built-in wooden shelves were pink. Fortunately it's downstairs and we didn't have to look at it very often.

Mr. X decided yesterday was the day that would all change. We went out for breakfast after my mammogram (all seems to be fine, I think) to discuss our plans. By the end of the day, we had painted the entire room (sandpiper beige -- Benjamin Moore, of course), laid some beigey-whitey-brownish berber, spray-painted the shelves in a beigey-brown granite finish, and installed a new set of round brass door handles (I did the handles while Mr. X spray-painted the shelves). Today Mr. X installed baseboards and put a bed and vanity in the room and tonight we put up pictures, blinds and I put my beautiful green bedspread and shams on the bed. It looks fantastic! Now we're inspired to finish the rest of the basement. Basically all we need is carpet and we're in. Yeay! It finally feels like we're getting somewhere.

In other news:
Poor little Chaeli had another bout of croup early yesterday morning. Nyk took her to the hospital and they put her on the nebulizer for an hour or so. By the time we saw her a couple of hours later she was in good spirits but was still so croaky. Poor little Bean. Tomorrow Nyk and Miles are going out and Chaeli will spend the night with Ima. We'll have fun! Whee!

I think Mitchie had a date last night. (shhhhh). I'm not sure, but she was out late and seemed oddly happy today. More about that later. Maybe. She gets a lot of calls from guys but never seems interested. Wonder what's going on this time. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home