My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

So, tomorrow I head off to (blah blah) to see (blah blah) for the weekend. Is it bad that I just wish I could stay home instead? I feel a cold coming on. Perhaps it will be pneumonia tomorrow and I will have to cancel my trip. One can always dream.

Poor little Chaeli is battling croup again this week. She's staying here tonight and I'm listening to her raggedy breath through the monitor (muffled a little by the sound of the humidifier). I wish I knew what I could do for her. She seems so sad tonight. :( Please be okay little Squirrel.


Well, since this will be my last entry before Thanksgiving, what am I thankful for this year? Oh, so many things.
I'm thankful for Mr. X, thankful that he's enjoying his job this year and doing so well at managing his crew and thankful that we still love each other more all the time.
I'm so very thankful that both of my perfect daughters are living in town, and Chaeli too, of course, and that I get to see them all every day. I am so lucky to have those women in my life.
I'm thankful for my job, for the raises I got this year, thankful that I found a career that I love and that I'm really good at. (Nice grammatical structure in that sentence.)
I'm thankful for our health, mine and especially that of my family. So very, very thankful. We all get up every morning without assistance, we see ourselves in the mirror, hear the voices of our loved ones. We can walk, speak, think, laugh.
We have enough food to eat, a country that still lets us complain about the government and allows us worship in our own ways. We have cars, computers, tvs, pets, medical care -- everything we could ever need.

I can only hope next year is as full as this one has been. Thank you God. Thank you karma. Thank you lucky stars. Thank you world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home