My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Loving the weekend!

What a great weekend! I've been super-productive again. Yesterday I cleaned the basement, did a couple of loads of laundry, rearranged the living room to accommodate our new furniture (which I love!) and worked out. Today I raked the million leaves in the front yard, picked up a tonne of doggie-doo in the backyard, made stew, streaked my hair, worked out and watched about 15 hours of TV. Tomorrow it's back to the office again for another week.

Mr. X is away at work right now and Mitchie has spent the entire weekend with her new beau, so my critters have been keeping me company. Nyk and Chaeli were over a couple of times yesterday, too. Chaeli seems to have a bit of a mad-on for me right now; not really sure why. Usually I'm her favorite person, but maybe it's just because I haven't seen her every day lately. She's so funny. Her latest cleverness consists of adding "'s" to things; Baby's (that's her) or Mommy's when she points to things. She loves to colour, too. As soon as she walks into our house she grabs the crayons and colouring book. She colours and counts the crayons (only up to 3 so far!). She's so clever! Awwwww!

I'm feeling the urge to find some volunteering venture. This is the first year I haven't volunteered at the local rink and though I love knowing my weekends are free, I'm feeling kind of selfish with my time. Hmmmm. What to do? I wish I could get into community theatre again, but I don't think there's much going on with that in this little town. I have musical ability and I would love to use it, but where? And even that is more for me that for the community at large. I must ask around...there must be somewhere I could make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home