My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bring on the white stuff

Today it snowed. A lot. Well, last night, actually. This morning we woke up to our first snowfall of the season and it was a doooozy. I shoveled my ass off for 1/2 hour before work and an hour this evening and I still have one driveway to go. It's very pretty, but really, really heavy.

I also got stuck twice today. Once at a stoplight -- a sweet guy behind me pushed me out -- and 5 minutes later when I tried to pull into my spot at work. That time my coworkers, who were helping another stuck coworker get unstuck, shovelled and pushed me out. I would feel stupid, but I have never seen so many stuck cars in my life as I saw today. It was almost funny. I prayed all the way home and I made it without further incident. Tonight it's supposed to drop to minus 18, so all the ruts will be frozen solid by morning. Fun, fun, fun. I don't know why it makes me so mad. It happens every year, but every year I get pissed right off. Winter sucks. Although the shiny black Skidoo in the garage has Mr X praying for snow, so I could blame this all on him.

Mr X's stepdad is having back surgery in Saskatoon today. I was going to go see them (stepdad and mom) but the weather is too crazy. Perhaps tomorrow. I hope it all went well for him. Mr X was going to call tonight and see, but I haven't heard anything yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home