My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Welcome, February!

Tonight is Mr X's hockey night so I have a few minutes before bed to do some posting here. I heard on the radio yesterday that bloggers falsely feel they are changing the world, so here I am again, wasting my time on non-world-saving babble. I feel so hollow and misguided.

Tomorrow is Friday already -- where did this week go? We don't yet have any plans for the weekend. Chaeli will be with her padre so we won't have her on Saturday. Maybe we'll do something around the house. I'm still feeling like crapola but I expect I'll live, so no whining about that. We're still looking for acreages closer to Mr X's new job, but slim pickins so far. Perhaps we'll buy a Timmie's and go for a drive to see if anything looks promising.

I'm reading a new Anne Rice book called Christ the Lord, Out of Egypt. It's quite interesting and oddly disturbing. The narrative is through Jesus' eyes, age 7, as the family travels from Egypt to Nazareth. It was a tad violent last night, but violent from a 7-year-old perspective, so not gruesome or anything, but I had the weirdest dreams. I don't even know what I was dreaming about, but when I got up to let the dogs out at about 2am I was totally freaked out by fleeting images of Roman soldiers slashing and pillaging . Usually when the dogs go out I just go to the sofa for 10 minutes or so then let them back in and go back to bed, but last night I needed to feel Mr X nearby so I went right back to bed and snugged in. So weird. I still don't know what had me so creeped out, but I hope it doesn't come back tonight. I hate bad dreams. wah.

It's just crazy how much I'm loving Mr X being home every night. I honestly was terrified that we'd drive each other batty, but I can hardly wait to see him when I'm driving home from work every day. I totally remember why I agreed to marry him in the first place; I certainly wasn't in the mood to get married, but I just could not imagine not being around him all the time.

Just for that, I think I'll surprise him and make his sandwiches for him tonight since he won't get home until after midnight. awww. I'm so nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lao Lao said...

Bonus! I haven't been here for awhile, and I find not one but THREE posts I haven't read before. You rival Maeve Binchy in my estimation. I foresee novels in your future.
I must see Miss Sunshine, apparently. Not really a title I'd be drawn to since terminally cheerful ppl give me hives.
I love how you describe your h/b. Second time around is a charm, huh?
7 months and I can't get enough of Mr. Painterman either. Could we ALL be so blessed?? Luv and admiration,
Older Sis

8:08 AM  
Blogger Raquel said...

I have that book on my shelf, waiting to be read. It looks so interesting and I can't wait to start it. :)

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home