My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

In like a lion...?

Well, finally the end of February today. I took the garbage out just now and it feels like 100 below. I will be soooo happy when this winter is over. It's been a long, hard one and it's not nearly over yet.

It's way past my bedtime but I didn't start my workout until 9pm so it'll be a late one tonight. Mr X obliged me by coming downstairs to "be with me" when I was working out, but instead of working out he watched me for awhile then fell asleep on the sofa. He's still there and I'm upstairs watching Jon Stewart by myself.

Well, we celebrated Chaeli-bean's 2nd birthday in style. I didn't get any great pics of the party, but she had fun and got lots of goodies. We bought her an outfit and a water table for the summer. It looks pretty cool -- it's designed for sand and water (different sections) and it has a cover and an umbrella. She loves water so Mr X thought she'd love one of these.

Nyk had a big week (besides the birthday). She is now The Assistant Manager at Timmie's. She gets to wear a black shirt and a little scarf. Hah. A scarf. That is SO not Nyk. hee. She's been working so hard to get this and they promoted her a bit earlier than she expected. I'm so happy for her. She got a healthy raise and promises of another raise in 3 months. Not only that, but Mr X did her income tax and she gets a couple thousand dollars back. I'm sooooo happy for her. She works her ass off, so it's really nice to see her get a couple of breaks.

My only excitement lately is that I made a couple of lasagnas for Chaeli's party and they were actually yummy! I love lasagna but for some reason I've been unable to create an edible one for a few years. I think I'm back on track. Yeay. I'm going to try again soon to see if my slump is actually over or if I just got lucky for once. This weekend, however, will be turkey weekend. It's on sale and I'm in the mood for turkey sandwiches. Yum.

Oh, and I cut the tip of my baby finger off a couple of days ago. That was quite exciting. It bled like a son-of-a-b. I was cutting a bagel at lunch with a giant knife (the same knife that caused a 5-stitch gouge in my thumb a couple of years ago) and I sliced my pinkie. Oops. Right from the tip of my finger through the nail on one side. Nice. I went back to work with 3 bandaids and a kleenex wrapped around and it was still bleeding through the kleenex. But the nice thing is that I heal like Claire on Heroes and it's looking not too bad already. Bizarro.

Work has been insane lately. I had lots of closings for today and tomorrow, but I think they're under control. I'm madly working on April 1st closings now so I'm not too overwhelmed at once. Real estate around here is so crazy lately. I should threaten to quit and see if they offer me a huge raise. Hah. As if. ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home