My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happy Family Day Long Weekend!

Woohoo, gotta love political bribery. Our esteemed Premier has been bestowing gifts on us lately, presumably signalling an upcoming election. One of the perks is that we now have a February holiday just like our enviable neighbour to the West (my beloved home province, Alberta) and this is the weekend. And next month they are offering attractive rebates on our car insurance. Whee! Vote for Lorne! (I voted for him last time -- I should get extra presents, but no. All I get for that is a disgusted grunt and the cold shoulder from my father-in-law and a hard time from Mr X. I have my reasons and will not apologize, for all you NDP haters out there.)

Today was a balmy -9C so Mr X and I bundled up Chaeli and the dogs and headed out for an hour of sun and fun. We hooked the sled up to Puddy's harness and he pulled Chaeli to the park while Charlotte danced around trying to trip me again. (Charlotte has tripped me several times while out walking but I'm usually wearing shorts to maximize the damage. My knees have scars so I can tell the story with pictures. Mr X cautions me to wear a helmet and knee pads at all times.) It was so fun! Chaeli zoomed down the slide with me and Puddy went down with Mr X. The joy! I had to tie Charlotte to the slide at one point because some kids arrived with their hateful little snappy dog and I think she almost had a stroke. Poor Charlotte. She's a rescue dog and she has terrible issues with being tied up. She was just frantic, poor little thing. So, we had to cut our outing short and headed home. I carried Chaeli home on my shoulders as a compromise for having to leave the park and she kept looking back and sing-songing, "Puddy's coming!" and looking beside us and saying "Good dog!" to Charlotte because that's what I was saying. Being outside is so much fun!

Today we bought a skidoo helmet for moi, and Mr X and I are planning to go on a skidoo day tomorrow. We're going to take a thermos of coffee (because I can't be far from coffee for more than 1 hour) and a little picnic and we'll hit a trail and ride until we feel like turning back. I can hardly wait. I hope it's a nice day, but judging by the amount of clothes we're planning to wear it probably doesn't much matter.

On Monday, our Big Day Off, we're hoping to go to Saskatoon to birthday-shop for Chaeli. She'll be 2 on the 24th and we must buy her the perfect gift(s). Don't know what yet, but the only option we have here is Walmart and I've already bought everything there.

So, fun weekend ahead. I'll be back with stories if I don't fall off the skidoo in front of a Greyhound bus. Stranger things have happened.

P.S. The Pradas arrived. They are spectacular. I wish you all had the same shoes. I love them.
P.P.S. If you haven't seen the movie A Scanner Darkly, do it. Trust me. Mr X and I just saw it and were blown away. Go now, get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to a long weekend. A long weekend I'm jealous about, because we'll probably never get another holiday in this back-asswards province.

And wow to Chaeli turning 2. how time flies!!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home