My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring is here!


This is how crazy I've become as a result of a long, cold, dark winter. I can't even smile nicely at a funeral; gotta do a toothy-goofy grin to make the cameraperson laugh.

This is me (wearing the lovely black suit -- with not-quite-black hose)) with Mr X's sister and our nephew at Mr X's grandma's funeral this week. She had been sick and unaware of her surroundings for many years, so this service was more a celebration of her life than a depressing funeral. It was good to see all of Mr X's relatives again. I met many of them last year at a reunion that Mr X was unable to attend, but he hadn't seen a lot of them for about 20 years. It was fun to point out his cousins and their spouses to him. Most of them came up to say hi to me and said, "So, this must be Mr X!". Too funny.

We have both been SOOOOO busy at work lately, which is why I haven't been on here much. Between O/T, trying to work out, fielding company and hanging out with the family, time just flies by. By the time I get a chance to come on here my brain is fried and my hands don't want to type anymore.

Last night one of Mr X's best friends (and former hockey team mate) was playing hockey here at a First Nations tournament so we went to watch him play. One of my favorite things is to be surrounded by that community. Mr X, too, but he fits in by blood; I just fit in by the love I have for the culture and the people. I'm pretty sure I was a Plains Indian in a previous life because that's what I've always wanted to be for as long as I can remember and that's where I've always felt comfortable. I see the little kids (boys specifically, oddly) and I want them to be mine. It's the weirdest thing; I just feel surrounded by warmth and peace when I'm at a First Nations function, especially when there are drums and singing (which there wasn't this weekend).
I've never told Mr X's FN friends that -- I'm sure they'd think I'm crazy -- but they love me anyway. hah.

I don't have any special Chaeli stories that I can think of today. She's just getting cuter and chattier every day. We were colouring today and she was showing off her colour skills. Blue and purple are her favorite. She'd pick a colour for herself, blue for example, tell me what it was, then she'd pick a very similar colour for me. When she'd change crayons, I'd have to change too so we matched. She's our sunshine, no doubt about it.

I'm watching a CBC documentary right now on why the US always needs to be at war. It's so disturbing. Donald Rumsfeld is my least-favorite person on the planet, I believe. Killing innocent people sucks. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home