My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Now about this Carson guy...


I talk about our Chaeli all the time because she's three and a half and has lots of interesting things to say and do in her busy life.

Today it's all about Carson. Almost 11 months old, about two feet tall, weighing in at around 20 pounds, eight shiny white teeth and just about as cool as Matt Damon. Really. This guy has it all. He's cute, funny, determined, unpredictable and has nerves of steel. Observe the picture above: He's calmly running commentary on whatever it is he's watching on TV, while not one but two dogs are waiting for him to share a piece of his bread with them (which he may or may not do depending on how much he's enjoying said bread) and he's covered with purple freezie which he managed to break into himself after I gave him an unopened one.

I've always loved Carson, of course, but it's just lately that I've begun to realize what a rockstar he really is. I was always a bit scared to be alone with him for too long because he's still being breastfed and, as a result, likes his mom quite a bit more than he likes the rest of us (added to my lifelong fear of babies in general). But lately he's had us all amazed by his go-with-the-flow independence.

Nyk has started work again, so the village (Miles' mom and grandparents, and Mr X and I) has kicked in to help out with the kids around Nyk and Miles' work schedules, thereby avoiding daycare issues. Yesterday Mr X and I were on duty for a couple of hours. Chaeli was, of course, no problem at all, but we were a bit worried about what Carson would think of us when he woke up from his nap. What a trooper he is. He looked totally surprised to see me when I went in to pick him up but he was just fine. We played, he drank juice, ate crackers and kleenex, we bonded. I am no longer afraid.

Today Chaeli is with her other father and Mr X has gone back to work so it'll just be Carson and me. I can hardly wait. Perhaps we'll go for a walk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to write a book. This is amazing. I plan to retire in three years. Get a draft together and I'll take on the role of manager.
DJ

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home