My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Monday, November 24, 2008

November 24, still no snow (yipee!)

This has been the best Autumn so far! I could do quite nicely without snow this year. It's been quite warm too, and tomorrow is supposed to be above zero again. A big thank you to my niece and her husband for moving here from BC and bringing their lovely weather with them. :)

It's been busy around here lately! Mitchie and I went to Edson last weekend for a whirlwind trip (gone for 36 hours, 12 of them on the highway) and we had so much fun! We went to see my mum and my brother and his family, and also to go to a benefit concert for a music scholarship in Emily's name. It was such an awesome weekend!

We had a nice visit with Mum then went to T and J's for supper on Saturday. We had a great time and enjoyed the kids so much (though it was really hard to be there without seeing Emily). The concert was a lot of fun, too. We sat at a big table with T and J and got to know some of their awesome church people at the beginning of the night. After they left, we made some new friends (Mitchie is the BEST person to go to something like that with -- she makes friends instantly!) and stayed until the end. The band people, whom we befriended, asked us to the after-party (sounds so racy, but they're all middle-aged, happily married nice people!) but we graciously declined. It was 3am our time and we had to get up in a few hours! We were so impressed with the Edson people once again. They are really a good bunch.

Sunday we went to T's church with Mum and met up with our friends from the night before. T is such a good speaker -- I wish we could go every Sunday. Then a quick lunch with Mum, and back on the road. We stopped in Edmonton for a coffee with Mr X (he's working there right now, in the City of my heart!) and got home by 10pm feeling all warm and fuzzy from the awesome weekend.

This past weekend Mr X was home for a few days, which was lovely, but he's gone again and the house feels quite empty even with all my four-legged family around me. I sure wish he could be here more -- he's so much fun. wah, poor me.

Work has been stressful for me lately, blech, and I'm a bit grumbly these days. I'm missing Nyk a lot now that she's back at work -- she used to come over for a long walk every night and she'd bring the kids over at lunch for a little visit, so I'm really feeling out of the loop nowadays. She works 3 to 11pm most nights, so I don't get to see them nearly enough. wah, poor me again.

Mitchie is awesome, though. She takes good care of me! She's a busy chickie, though, and I don't want to whine about not seeing her enough or she'll rearrange her life to accommodate me, hah. I think I need a hobby. Actually, Nyk and I are going to a scrapbooking workshop in a couple of weeks (she's been making the most amazing cards!) so that might be just what I need!

I popped by Nyk's house to see the kids at lunch today. She just cut Carson's hair and he looks so adorable! He looks like a boy instead of a baby now, but he's so tiny so it's the cutest thing! awwww! He's standing on his own now, so walking can't be far away. He turns one in a couple of weeks -- I can hardly believe it!

I bought a new book today, called The Shack (I think), so I'm going to pack it in early tonight to try to shake this headache that has been following me around -- it's always fun to go to bed early with a new book. I lead such an interesting life, heh!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I had to go and get a stupid job!! I miss you too!!!!!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home