My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Blissfully married (second try - picked a younger, quirkier one this time), left-wing (but raised in Alberta so I lean a little to the right at times), somewhat opinionated (hah!) mom to two daughters, Mitchie and Nyckee, Ima to Chaeli and Carson.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

Nyk brought Chaeli to my office today to help us decorate for Christmas. Last year, Nyckee was in the hospital trying to have a baby, and I was on Chaeli-duty so she helped us decorate; my coworkers thought it would be fun to have her back this year.

When one of the ladies asked if she was going to help decorate the tree, she said, "Yes, and I'll help put the ribbons up high and higher!" We have a long winding staircase in my office and yes, sure enough, last year she helped a couple of my coworkers put big red bows up on the railing. I thought it was so clever -- she was only 2 last year when she helped us decorate, but she totally remembered.

They had to leave before we were finished decorating, but since her destination was school, Nyk had no problem getting her out the door. On her way out she stopped and waved and shouted, "Goodbye, everybody!" Hahaa, such a little superstar.

Tonight I was watching TV, a cartoon kind of show, with Nyk and the kids. The characters were watching fish through a hole in the ice -- there were 4 or 5 fish swimming back and forth. Chaeli said, "What is that?" I said, "It's fish!". She said, "No, it's not fish. It's five...it's seven...(Nyk and I looked at each other blankly)...it's trouw!" I said, "Trout?" and she said, "Yes! It's trout!" And I think it actually was supposed to be rainbow trout. Nyk said, "Trout are fish, too" and Chaeli said, "No, trout are not fish -- trout are trout." Who knows where that one came from, hah!

Other notable mentions from today:
Blu-dough instead of Rudolph. Don't know why, but she says Blu-dough every time until someone corrects her then she says, "Yeah, Rudolph".

Lawyers! When we were having pizza in the boardroom at work today, Chaeli noticed some pictures on the walls of 19th century lawyers gathering around a table, deep in discussion. She said, "Everybody is sitting at the table. They're eating!" I said, "Maybe, but I think they're talking. It's lawyers!" But I said lawyers kind of creepily like most people do. Later, she was talking about something else and she said, "Lawyers!" like it was almost a swearword. Hahaa, how early they learn. :P

Lastly, and it's not incredibly clever, probably, but it seems it to me -- one of the ladies asked how old she is. She downed a drink of juice, looked right at the questioner and said, "Three!". Oh, so very clever! I just love her! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home